The patent cliff is just over the horizon, and it all starts with the following drug patents which are set to expire over the course of January 2012.
According to Drug Patent Watch, 8 drug patents are set to expire this month. They are:
1. VITRASERT, by Bausch And Lomb
2. LUNESTA (listed twice on the list, under different patent numbers), by Sunovion Pharms Inc
3. PREFEST, by Teva Womens
4. VIDEX, by Bristol Myers Squibb
5. OCTREOSCAN, by Mallinckrodt
6. TASMAR, by Valeant Pharm Intl
7. PROTOPIC, by Astellas
The original list can be found here.