Illumina – San Diego, CA
Due to our success and rapid growth, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to manage our Genotyping Products. The individual will work within a multi-functional organization interacting with various product teams, corporate marketing team, sales, engineering, and manufacturing departments to build market-driven solutions ensuring successful launches.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Contribute to the product strategy and roadmaps
• Contribute to forecasting, profitability and gross margins analysis
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the market, customer base and competition
• Evaluate and communicate internally all competitive threats, strengths and weaknesses; represent the “voice of the customer”.
• Define pricing strategy, product positioning and messaging to achieve sales and profitability goals
• Work with marketing programs to develop outbound communication strategies and sales collateral
• Work cross-functionally internally and externally to produce and provide optimal products for the market
• Perform other duties as assigned
Preferred educational background:
• Bachelor or Master in Biological Sciences, Genetics or related field. Preferred experiential background:
• Experience with DNA microarray technology and genotyping applications is preferred.
• Minimum of 1-2 years product marketing experience in the life science RUO industry.
• Demonstrated product life cycle experience, from cradle to grave.
• Experience managing direct reports.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Independent and strategically minded.
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to give customer facing presentations.
• Excellent communication and team management skills .
• Ability to work as a member of a multifunctional team.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook required.
• ~25% Travel Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next-generation life-science tools and integrated systems for the large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. Using our proprietary technologies, we provide a comprehensive line of products and services that currently serve the sequencing, genotyping, and gene expression markets, and we expect to enter the market for molecular diagnostics. Our customers include leading genomic research centers, pharmaceutical companies, academic institutions, clinical research organizations, and biotechnology companies. Our tools provide researchers around the world with the performance, throughput, cost effectiveness, and flexibility necessary to perform the billions of genetic tests needed to extract valuable medical information from advances in genomics and proteomics. We believe this information will enable researchers to correlate genetic variation and biological function, which will enhance drug discovery and clinical research, allow diseases to be detected earlier, and permit better choices of drugs for individual patients.
Experience: Mid-Senior level