DJO – Vista, CA
DJO is a global provider of medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Marketing Manager – e-Commerce Vista, CA
The Marketing Manager has full responsibility for driving direct- to-consumer sales from four existing e-Commerce websites with a primary focus on top line sales by increasing traffic, average order size and conversion rate. This position will also be responsible for online marketing for both consumers and medical professionals for a variety of brands within the DJO Global portfolio.
This role reports directly to the Director of e-Commerce
Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
• Recommends strategies and methodologies to senior leadership to drive ecommerce sales.
• Understands market trends, customer preferences, competitive strategies, etc. and uses this knowledge to guide development of plans.
• Authors business plans and marketing plans for strategies/services
• Assembles and leads cross functional teams in order to implement new ecommerce strategies when necessary
• Works with marketing and sales leadership to determine product offerings, promotions, and pricing strategies
• Plans and executes market research activities (voice of the customer or VOC) to drive ecommerce strategies
• Establishes capital requirements and forecasting models
• Establishes list pricing and discounting strategies keeping in line with the company’s margin and pricing objectives
• Creates and monitors KPIs (key performance indicators) for all marketing initiatives
• Attends industry meetings and trade shows.
• Creates announcements for new products, services or offerings on the website.
• Collaborates with other Product Directors concerning product positioning strategies and feedback from the field.
• Works crossfunctionally with product development, sales operations, regulatory, sales and finance to accomplish objectives.
• Responsible for the planning, execution and management of all online and corresponding offline initiatives with the goal of driving traffic and revenue through e-commerce stores.
• Manage the development and implementation of marketing related initiatives to ensure projects are delivered on budget and in a timely fashion.
• Lead the merchandising, creative adjustments, promotion development and product marketing for company both B to C and B to B websites including, but not limited to, BetterBraces.com, DoctorCloseout.com, ShopCompex.com, ShopAircast.com and DJOGlobal.com
• Cultivate and manage vendor relationships, as needed, in key growth areas including, but not limited to, Web Development, Conversion Optimization, Pay-Per-Click management, Search Engine Optimization, Comparison Shopping Engines, and Online Marketplaces.
• Direct the implementation of all marketing programs in relation to website development including site launches and ongoing updates of the Magento development platform.
• Strategize and direct relationships with external vendors to ensure the success of all search engine marketing efforts including Search Engine Optimization and Pay-Per-Click campaigns.
• Plan and implement all email marketing efforts including list management and acquisition, transactional emails, automated emails, promotions, and newsletters.
• Implement ongoing conversion rate optimization campaigns
• Employ tactics to increase Average-Order-Size
• Develop and maintain public relations campaign, both online and through social media, to ensure a positive brand reputation online and continually grow in-bound links to websites.
• Ensure site development and ongoing projects follow “best practice” in regards to usability.
• Participate in the evolving branding and marketing plans for all online properties.
• Analyze and monitor all initiatives via analytics tools – report and react to findings.
• Develop and produce key weekly marketing metrics and statistics report.
• Manage the development of new health content and blogging strategies.
• Strategize, execute, and manage all shopping comparison sites (Google, Bing, NexTag, PriceGrabber, etc.).
• Explore new online marketing opportunities, new channels, new media, and new marketing partnership relationships.
• Keep pace with emerging online trends to increase effectiveness of marketing, advertising and promotional programs.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. • Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Communicates changes and progress.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
• Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Demonstrates commitment to the DJO Compliance & Ethics Program, the DJO Code of Conduct, the DJO Sales and Marketing Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, and all supporting and applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates commitment to the DJO Values, Mission and Vision.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Minimum 5+ years related experience in the marketing.
• Strategic thinking—proven ability to develop and execute on strategy.
• Strong analytics—ability to assess numerically and subjectively.
• Prior experience managing P&L .
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication capability.
• Proven change management capability.
• B.S. or B.A. in Business or related field, preferably with Marketing emphasis.
• Demonstrated project management skills including planning, organization, implementation, achievement of deadlines, and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated competence with general computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with Magento
• MBA or advanced degree
DJO is a portfolio company of the Blackstone Group. EEO/AA-M/F/VET/HANDICAP
DJO Global is headquartered in San Diego, CA (Vista). The Company’s products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Its products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of the Company’s medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Our product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, Empi®, ProCare® and DJO® Surgical.
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Industries: Medical Devices
Employer Job ID: 11-1269